Friday, July 2, 2010

Moab

Last weekend was soooo great! Friday afternoon I got to see my friend, Liz, from Phoenix who was in the area. Saturday morning, Lance and I got a much needed couples massage together. Then, that afternoon, I rode down to Moab with my friend, Coreen (seen below) who I haven't seen in a long time. We went to Moab for our friend, Adam's, wedding reception. It was so great seeing so many friends! Lance and I ended up camping overnight in Moab. First, though, we went for a late night, full moonlit hike to Delicate Arch. The bad part was that we took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the bowl just below the arch. The magical part was seeing the shadow by moonlight of Delicate Arch against the rock. It was stunning. If it weren't for a bunch of clouds rolling in over the moon, we might have gone back and tried to get to the arch from above. But it got pretty dark so we headed back. This is what it looked like when I got out of the tent in the morning--beautiful red cliffs with a pure blue sky above.
Everything was so green! The contrast against the red rocks was a sight to see!
That morning we went on a short hike to Skyline Arch and hung out in the sun for awhile.

If you ever need to hide from predators, prickly pears make a good shield!
We then walked around Balanced Rock. This isn't the most common view you see of it, but a pretty cool one.
Balanced Rock and Balanced Lance Rock!
What a fun weekend! It made me glad to be back in Utah!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Soooo beautiful. There is nothing like it in the world.

Alexis said...

you look so pretty Tacey. What a fun trip.

LindaDC said...

That looks so fun! Glad you got away for awhile and saw old friends. I'm glad you're back in Utah, too!!!