Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally...

I'm getting these zoo pictures on! My parents and I took Skye to the zoo a few weeks ago. It was a really nice, cool morning so it was perfect. We got to see Zuri, the new baby elephant. She was so much fun to watch.
She was so active and playful.

A lot of the animals were very active in the cool weather, though most of the big cats were still sleeping--except for this lynx. He was walking about, eating, drinking, and sticking out his tongue!
We couldn't believe this other lynx had somehow wedged itself in that tiny corner of the roof. It looked so funny!
Skye always likes seeing the snakes!
And she always loves the carousel. After seeing Zuri, she wanted to ride on the baby elephant! It's so nice to see her smiling and waving to us on the carousel now. When she was younger, she'd always want to ride it, but as soon as it would go, she'd turn expressionless so we could never tell if she really liked it or not. Now we know she loves it!
She likes doing things all by herself without any help from anyone these days. It was so funny--I noticed my dad putting his hand on the elephant, then saw Skye pushing it off because she didn't need his help! Miss independent!
Petting her elephant, telling her she's a good elephant.

2 comments:

Cookie said...

That was a fun day at the zoo! Skye sure had a fun time! I just don't know about her and snakes! However, I've put that picture on my desktop--surely it will freak out a few people! Fun!

Lance said...

what a great day at the zoo. Lets take her again.