Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fishing Fun

My parents took Skye fishing to a trout farm a week and a half ago while I was hiking with my friend. I was a little worried how she'd react because she's pretty sensitive when it comes to animals. We were walking up the driveway one day when we saw one of my mom's cats and a dead baby bird he had caught. Skye was extremely sad and started crying. But she ended up having a great time fishing and even caught two fish!

I heard fun stories of how she liked catching the fish and putting them in the bucket and how she'd stand so close to the edge of the water. My dad said she'd never stay in one place long. If she didn't catch anything right away, she'd move on to a new spot. They took her to look at another of the ponds, thinking she'd like to just look at the fish. Once she found out she couldn't catch them with her pole, though, she didn't want to have anything to do with them! I'm glad they took her on a fun outing and look forward to taking her myself someday!

1 comment:

Cookie said...

Ahhh yes, the fishing was fun! She had a blast! We need to take her again real soon and let her try her hand at the bigger fish!