Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

We had a fun Halloween yesterday here in Utah. I think Skye's favorite part was playing with the pumpkin guts from the pumpkins my mom carved. The incredibly nice, warm weather made it even better!
Here's our little witch! I know she looks like a mean witch in this picture, but really, she's the good kind!
She just didn't like her dress at first because it was too long and she kept tripping on it.
Add to the fact that she was quite tired all afternoon because she decided to only take a very short nap, and it became quite difficult to get a good, cute, smiling picture of her.
But I still tried! She really did look adorable in her witch's costume.
Here she is with her pumpkin gettng ready to go trick-or-treating. Luckily, my mom was able to hem up the bottom of the dress so Skye wouldn't trip anymore. After that, she liked it a lot more.
We took her over to the mall to do most of her trick-or-treating. We stopped to get a quick picture of her with Grandma and Grandpa.
There were a million other kids at the mall, too. Okay, not that many, but there were a lot and Skye didn't quite know what to think. But she did her best.
It did make her happy to discover all of the fun things in her pumpkin that she could pull out!
And she had to go on a quick ride up and down the escalator.
After we got back from the mall, both Skye and Chiang (the kitty) had to check out the glowing jack-o-lanterns.
Pretty spooky!!!
Despite being tired and confused much of the night, she was happy to go see Laura, my parent's next door neighbor. Skye loves Laura and they both looked so great in their costumes!
One more thing that finally got Skye to smile was Bobby, my grandma's dog. Grandma's house was the last stop of the night.
Here's the poor, sleepy girl sitting on Grandpa's lap.
She mustered another smile, though, for Bobby.
Here she is with Great Grandma Cook. I was sure she would go to bed as soon as we got home, but somehow, she got a second wind and went totally wild and crazy later that night and didn't go to bed until after 10:00. I have some great footage of her dancing on the bed, but stupid me, I forgot to bring the cord that hooks the camcorder into the computer. So I'll have to put that on later and leave you all in suspense!

3 comments:

Jess said...

How did she like her witch's hat? Too cute! Looks like she had a great day.

Lance Stine said...

What a good day for the little one. I should have been there. I would have never imagined her playing with the pumpkin guts.

Alexis said...

That costume is so stinking cute! I LOVE it! So adorable!