Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thankful

After life starts to settle down again after going through a natural disaster, you have a little time to ponder the things you're thankful for--like this little guy! It's amazing how much he has changed in just two and a half weeks. Like I swear he only has half as much hair now as he had when he came into the world!
 Today Lance said he's no longer a newborn; he's a baby now. I think he meant that for the first week at least, pretty much all Jack did was sleep and eat. He was an extremely mellow, mild thing who was content to just sit and stare without a care in the world. Now, it's harder to get him to sleep, he cries more, he's not as content to be left alone but wants to be held more, he was a very quiet baby and while he still doesn't "talk" much, he sure does grunt a lot, especially at night when he's sleeping. It almost seems like a lifetime ago that he came into the world! 
 Skye loves her little brother and is a great helper, though lately she's been struggling to adjust. I guess that's what happens when you're the only kid in the family for 4 1/2 years. I am thankful, at least, that she has preschool three hours a day, twice a week!

I love the funny/cute expressions babies give when they are awake.
 And how precious and angelic they look when they are asleep!

 What a cute little guy! We do love our Jack-Jack!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Awww- how sweet! I like the "My Daddy Rocks" shirt. When he cries, just remember that it peaks at 2 months and dwindles after that. Usually. That fact helped me get through Kate's first couple months. :)

Cookie said...

I love the pics! The one of Skye and Jackson on the couch is precious. I love the one of him yawning, too! Cute little faces on our cute little newby.