Friday, April 2, 2010

Goodbye Phoenix

The last few weeks have been pretty crazy. Most of it was spent packing and moving. And somewhere in the midst of all that I had a birthday. It seemed like it was a bit overshadowed by what else was going on (including my having surgery--don't worry, nothing even remotely major), but it ended up being a pretty good day. We celebrated with our friends, Mike and Tia, because Mike and I share the same birthday--I mean the EXACT same birthday. We even ended up ordering the same meal at the restaurant we ate at that night. Pretty funny. They have been great friends. Tia was my visiting teacher in the first ward we were in when we moved to Phoenix and she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. We feel so blessed to have had them in our lives. After dinner, we went over to their new home and had the most delicious chocolate cheesecake dessert that Tia made. We had a lot of fun, it was a great birthday and we'll miss them a lot! Here we are with them and their son, Asa, and daughter, Annabelle.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Okay, I'll try not to freak out about your saying you had surgery since you say it was nothing major... Glad you had a good birthday, even amongst the chaos!

Cookie said...

I'm really glad I got to meet Mike, Tia and family. They really are a lot of fun. Annabelle and Asa are awfully cute! It was a fun time sharing your birthday evening with them. Thanks Mike and Tia for being such good friends to Tacy and Lance!

Alexis said...

I can't believe that I forgot your b-day. I'm sorry. Happy really late b-day. Glad that you guys are moved and back to Utah. hopefully you will get organized and settled quickly. And hopefully you are feeling well from your surgery. Big Hugs!