Sunday, May 3, 2009

We Finally Did It!!!!

We finally went camping with Skye! After two failed attempts within the last year or so, we finally pulled it off. Skye had her moments, but for the most part, she did really well and we all had a lot of fun. Playing with the climbing gear kept her happy. She also liked trying to help Lance set up the tent.
Here's Lance at the other end!
We camped near Prescott which is up in the mountains north and a bit west of Phoenix. Yes, there are real mountains in Arizona! See the pine trees?! It made me so happy to be in the mountains. That is something I miss sooooo much about living in Utah, but I now know I can find them here, too!
Our campsite. (Skye and I standing outside of our Hobitat tent!)We ate s'mores for breakfast.
And Skye liked eating her marshmallow!
It was fun watching her try to figure out how the poles went after Lance took down the tent.
We did a little bouldering in the morning. Skye liked pretending like her toys were climbing, too, so Lance put these ones on a boulder and got this awesome picture!
Here's Skye having one of her "moments."
She got over it in time to help me up the rock!
She had lots of fun climbing over the rocks, too. We are glad Lance got a picture of her smiling!
Lance climbing.
In the afternoon, we took our raft to Watson Lake.
Skye refused to wear her shirt, so she went around topless. But hey, what a beautiful view, right?
Here's Lance testing out the raft. We all went in together and had a fun time floating around. There aren't any pictures, though, because I didn't want to risk getting the camera wet. Now that we know Skye can handle camping, I think we will go more often and escape this blasted Phoenix heat!

5 comments:

Camille said...

I'm glad you found mountains and that you had a successful camping trip! She is such a cutie!! I love all of her expressions! How fun that she has her animals climb with her! I'm jealous of the warm weather you get to enjoy...send some our way!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Hurray! I'm glad you guys made it up - I love those pine trees up there - they smell so good :) Skye is great, I love those pictures - even the pouty ones.

Cookie said...

What a fun trip! I loved the pic of Bunny and the lion(?) climbing. Cute idea! And the shirtless little one! What a funny little girl! Glad she had a good time and glad that she is finally able to go camping without too much trauma. It will be so much fun for you now. And if you think there's blasted heat there now....okay, I won't mention July or August!

Jess said...

Yay for successful camping! I may just have to try it for myself sometime... That is a beautiful area. And I love Skye's animals bouldering. :)

Alexis said...

What a gorgeous place to camp. I'm glad that Skye was able to enjoy it.